What Is Screen Printing?
WTF IS SCREEN PRINTING? WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
January 15, 2023 9:11:42 AM PST January 15, 2023 9:11:42 AM PSTth, January 15, 2023 9:11:42 AM PST
Screen printing is a method of printing where ink is forced through a stencil, known as a screen, onto a substrate such as paper, fabric, or other materials.
The stencil, which is created by blocking off areas of the screen with a stencil material, determines the image or design that will be printed.
The process of screen printing typically involves the following steps:
1. Creating a stencil or "screen" by blocking off areas of the screen that will not be printed, using a stencil material such as photo-sensitive emulsion, vinyl, or a digital system
2. Mounting the stencil on a frame
3. Applying ink to the top of the stencil
4. Using a squeegee to force the ink through the open areas of the stencil and onto the substrate
5. Removing the stencil from the substrate, leaving the printed image behind
Screen printing is a versatile printing method that can be used to print on a wide variety of materials
These materials typically include paper, fabric, metal, plastic, and more. It is often used for printing t-shirts, posters, signs, and other items where a high-quality, long-lasting image is desired. It's also used to print multiple items with the same design, as the stencil can be reused multiple times.