HOW DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR DATA?
Here at Awesome Merchandise we collect a certain amount of personal information from you when you sign up for an account with us, place an order, buy a gift certificate, or register for our mailing list. By signing up for an account or placing an order, you consent to us collecting this personal data. If you have placed an order, we hold personal information including your name, email address, phone number, and your address.
As a customer it is important for you to know how and why we use your data. We use it in a number of ways for a number of reasons - as listed below!
1. Your name and contact details – including your email, address and phone number:
2. Your payment information:
You have a few options to pay for your order, if you pay over the phone, with cash, via PayPal or by bank transfer, none of your payment details are stored.If you check out using your Awesome Merchandise account using your bank details, these are stored on our system but they are not available to be viewed by members of the Awesome team! They are only there so you can use them again.
3. Your contact history – emails, instant-chat, social media, feedback and reviews etc:
4. Your basket items and order history:
5. Competition, promotion and survey entries:
6. Information from you device, and how you use our website:
See our paragraph on cookies for more information.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We don’t sell any of your data, we wouldn’t want it done to us, so we won’t do it to you!
We do however share your data with some select companies – only those that are essential:
- To get your order to you we need to give your name, address and phone number to a third-party courier service
- We may use credit reference agencies to carry out credit or security checks
- Email marketing platforms if you have consented to us using your email for these purposes
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
If you’ve said we can, we will send you emails to let you know what we’re up to! We like to keep you updated on new products, special offers, Awesome news, merchandise inspo and of course the occasional photo of our office dog Dolly!
You have the option to opt-out of our email marketing at any time - just click the “unsubscribe” link in any email newsletter we have sent you, or you can email email@example.com and request to be removed from our mailing list. Although we hope you stick around!
The above will not unsubscribe you from emails regarding your order - we need to keep you updated on that!
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
There are four types of cookies:
Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the website and use features such as our shopping cart - these are the good kind (not quite chocolate chip, sadly) that enable our site to load faster for you and remember what’s in your cart. We use a number of different types of functionality cookies to try to make your experience as streamlined and easy as possible. These cookies are essential to your shopping experience on our website.
Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers (you!) are using our website. The information collected is anonymous, and tracking these allows us to continuously improve our website and endeavour to make your experience as awesome as possible.
Customer preference cookies
When browsing or shopping online, our website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your web browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATIONWe’ll only keep your information for as long as you want us to! If you don’t want to be a customer of ours or want us to hold any of your data you can contact us to request we delete it.
YOUR RIGHTSWhen it comes to your personal information you have loads of rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to correct any info we hold that’s inaccurate
- The right to ask us to delete your information, you can also request we restrict our processing and collecting of your data (this may not always be possible)
- The right to withdraw your consent
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to the ICO
CHANGES TO THIS POLICYWe may change this policy from time to time.