How are you? Guess what – this blog isn’t about f***ball or festivals. I’m sure a lot of you will definitely be happy about the former. Talking about festivals, yesterday we announced the winners of our Awesome Festivals comp. The main winner was @kennettanner who won the plethora of magnificent prizes. Thanks to Redfest, The Lazy Camper, Sonic Boom Six and Bomber Music for their genorosity. Runners up were @punxrockpenguin @chloe_slipknot @TimelessHarry @RSNZ – who all will get goody bags through their front door. Awesome. It was a super-comp with loads of entries and I think you lot generally liked it, yes?
So, you may be asking yourself – does this blog post have any purpose? Well yes and no. I’ve taken it upon myself to waffle at any given opportunity about all things awesome. I’m not even sure if anyone reads my blogs unless there’s a prize at the end of the tunnel. I know it was supposed to be the word ‘light’ there but let’s face it, who wants a light at the end of a tunnel when you could have a prize. As you probably know by now, I love a good old list. So here’s a list of what’s happening and how you can get involved with awesome things. Please read and make this blog worthwhile!
1) Delivery times - here’s a little heads up. Our turnaround from processing your order is 4-8 working days. If you need your order for a specific date, let us know when you order. If you’ve any problems or questions, feel free to tweet me BUT if you call customer services, then our sexy triumvirate of phone people – Dan, Rachel and Nikki (Dranchelikki – sounds like a Finnish vampire) can advise you. We’re here to help you!
2) Help us to help you – we want to promote what you do! Tag us with your merch photos on Instagram (@awesomemerch) and send us your websites for our Pinterest board! We’ve already pinned loads of the buggers but we want more. We’re greedy! You can also e-mail your merch photos to email@example.com (with a link) and I’ll Facebook them too.
3) Facebook & Twitter – we’re not really running comps on Facebook because we’re waiting to do them through awesome apps! We think it sucks and doesn’t look awesome when your timeline gets clogged up by a company asking you to share a photo of a pair of their shoes. You want to be able to see what your mate Chloe is doing with that surfer in New Zealand and you don’t want spam shoved down your throats. Especially the food, because it’s awful. Anyway, culinary opinions aside – keep an eye out for the #pizzabox tag on Twitter. When you see that, it means we’re trying to give you a pizza box full of awesome things. Answer the question, use the tag and Bob’s your uncle unless Bob is actually a nickname for a lady then she’s your aunt. We also run a bunch of RT comps, so keep your eyes peeled for them. More Facebook stuff will be happening soon!
4) Events – if you think Awesome Merch should be at a particular event then let me know! I’m always looking for things to do, whether it’s at the weekend (after the cricket season, ok?) or during the week. Maybe a roller derby bout (I know the terminology), an art show, corporate event, gig, tattoo thing, festival, Social Media day, party, wedding, football match, your son’s first birthday – in all seriousness, pop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think AM should be at something! If we can’t make it, we’ll help promote it. I am viewing myself as a nomadic merch community warrior. Mail me! We can talk.
5) Help us to help us – we’re only a few chaps and lady-chaps away from hitting 6,500 followers on Twitter. We don’t use those adder bots (as in paying for followers and not robot snakes) – so come and join the party! I reply to pretty much every tweet, even to the annoyance of my girlfriend – when I’m in the cinema, cleaning my teeth or even kissing her on the cheek. Use the #awesome6500 tag! Thank you.
6) I’ll be setting up a MASSIVE new comp next week - I’m biding my time because we’ve just had a big comp, and not because I haven’t thought of anything. Honest. I have thought of something. The synapses in my brain are flicking and firing in order to think of the best way to do it. It’s gonna melt pavements and end all wars.
7) New products – Our esteemed leader Luke Hodson has said there will be not one but TEN new products over the coming months. I for one am very excited. I like new things and change. I embrace them both like they’re a pair of cute little puppies. Don’t worry, I’ll be telling you all about them (the products, not the puppies) and the new website – in the near future.
8) Three sweet deals – custom shaped vinyl stickers, shirts and totes. Enjoy them all. Don’t be a dick and give it a click. That’s my catchphrase. It’s slightly risqué for AM but I’m putting my nose (biggest part) on the line here because I think it’s a snappy little phrase.
Well, I think that will suffice for now. I’ve stopped myself from going on for too long. I could honestly prattle on all day about anything. That’s why I need your input. Check the above list and get in touch! I want to be close personal friends with every single one of you! And that’s not creepy – IT’S AWESOME!
Here’s an example of a successful Instgram picture – thanks to Little Miss Delicious for sending it in! It’s totes amazing. I hate that I just did that. At least I didn’t say ‘totes amaze-balls’ – I think I would’ve lost my job.