Right, I’m going to be honest with you. The title of this competition isn’t very creative. Although, in comparative relation to the elephantine hangover I’m currently working through, it’s absolute genius. On Sunday (yes that’s two days ago) – I went to see NoFX in London. Unfortunately, the bar was very close to where I was standing and my face fell on several pints of lager. I think it’s safer for me to play cricket. At least a ball to the face can heal over the time, the amount of alcohol remorse I have from Sunday will never fade away!
So why am I twittering on about NoFX? Well there’s a slightly tenuous link to this blog. If you haven’t guessed from the title, then it’s all to do with festivals and music. Talking about bands and music, if you missed the winner of the PT comp – it was the band CRUSHING BLOWS who won the £245 tour package prize. Well done chaps. Good band too, check them out. Sorry, back on topic. FESTIVALS. Yes, we’ve all been to a festival (if you haven’t, then you should) and got covered in mud, drunk warm lager, got sunburnt, peed in your tent, shouted ‘bollocks’ umpteen times and missed the headline band. Just me? Okay. To celebrate this great pastime, we’ve teamed up with some AWESOME people to give you the chance of winning some AWESOME prizes. Are you ready to rock? Here we go.
1) REDFEST – have kindly given us two tickets for their festival. It’s an awesome fest that is taking place in Redhill, Surrey from July 20th – 22nd. KIGH, The Skints, Sonic Boom Six, Young Guns, Deaf Havana and lots more. Click this link for more info and support this amazing festival!
2) THE LAZY CAMPER – have been very generous and given us a festival kit which includes the following things. Jacob who runs TLC (an appropriate acronym) has set up an excellent website and is up for loads of awards and recently met Virgin head honcho. I think he should be on the next series of The Apprentice, where he’ll be the first ever contestant that doesn’t make me cringe.
3) BOMBER MUSIC – is a fantastic independently run record label and music publisher. Donagh has kindly given us copies of the latest albums from The Skints, Jaya the Cat and Roughneck Riot. So you’ll have some new music to listen to on the way to and from Redfest! Hurrah! Please ‘like’ Bomber on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
4) SONIC BOOM SIX – if you don’t know who SB6 are then you’ve been missing out on one of the best and hardest working U.K bands of the last few years. Effortlessly encompassing a 1000 different genres as well as being the nicest guys (and girl) about. SB6 have kindly given us a copy of their last album and a t-shirt in whatever size you require. Check their site here and make sure you check them out at a venue or festival near you this summer!
5) AWESOME MERCH – that’s us! We’re gonna give you 20 bottle opener keyrings, two mugs, two full colour shirts, 10 pocket mirrors, two trucker caps and a 4ft x 3ft vinyl banner. All this merch will be custom printed with whatever you want on it and will be ideal for your festival summer. The vinyl banner can be used at your festival campsite, the bottle opener keyrings for all things fizzy, mirrors to make sure you’re still beautiful after wild nights, mugs for your morning campsite coffee and custom shirts and trucker caps, so you can look dapper! Wow!
So, what do you have to do?
All you have to do is to tweet us and answer this question correctly – ‘What is the name of the lead singer of Metallica?’ Please use the #awesomefestivals hashtag.
The winner will be announced at midday, June 26th – a week today and will win all of the above prizes! As always, we’ll send out goody bags to some runners up. Good luck and spread the word! I’m off to wallow in the second day of my hangover. I’m just not cut out for all this rock n’ roll anymore.
Have an AWESOME week.
p.s Please note this comp is only open to the people of Europe. Thanks!
Don’t let this put you off attending a festival this summer. This is Glastonbury 2005. The festival you go to, won’t be half as bad. Promise. You’ll be fine.
I’m lying. Here’s my friend Stu at the recent Download Festival. Happy camping campers!