Hello Awesome people.
How are you all? I’m full of cold and when you have a nose this big, it’s a serious business. There’ll be no hosepipe ban in my house. I’ll just stand in the garden sneezing. ANYWAY! I used that intro on a Facebook update this morning and one person out of 11,193 liked it – so I thought it was worth using again. That was some good feedback! So you may be asking where is this blog going? What is the point of it? Why is this strange man rambling on? Well all will become apparent in the next paragraph.
Here’s the next paragraph. If you haven’t read one of my blogs then hello, my name is Jhon and I’m in charge of all things social, promotional and online for Awesome Merch. I’ve been working for AM for over three years now and remember when My Space was our main focus of promotion! Before that I did screenprinting for three years, so I’ve been involved in the world of merch for a quite a while now. I’m not trying to blow my own trumpet here but merely sounding the horn that I’m now going to be working full-time for Awesome Merchandise – which means more competitions, more fun and more of all the awesome things we’ve been doing over the last year. Last week I spent the week at HQ in Leeds and got to meet all the new staff (and my old favourites) and they’re all awesome and individual people! I’ll be blogging about them later in the week.
The most important thing I wanna get across is our Awesome Community and the following things we as a company can do online to help promote what you do and of course what we do. These points will outline the things that we have in store and how you can get more involved with Awesome Merch!
- My e-mail address is Jhon@awesomemerchandise.com Please add that to your address books and mail me if I can help with anything. I’m pretty good with all things awesome like cricket, capital cities and early Green Day. Of course Awesome Merch related things are acceptable too.
- Are you trying to promote something awesome? Your band, business, event, charity, clothng company or something else? Then send us a RT request on Twitter with the #awesomecommunity hashtag and we’ll do the rest.
- Mail me photos of your merch. Every photo we get sent will be put into our Facebook gallery along with a weblink, which will help promote what you do and what we do! We’ll send out random goody bags to people that do this! Goody bags contain a whole load of awesome printed merch along with an Awesome Merch or Poster Roast t-shirt. Well worth getting! Of course, you can tweet them too!
- We’ll also be sending out goody bags to our Facebook comment and Tweet of the week. So make sure you get in touch!
- Do you have an event that you think Awesome Merch shoud be at? I’m afraid we can’t come to your local fete or first communion but if you think something is relevent, get in touch.
- Feel free to let me know about any suggestions you have on how we could improve our service, website, product or anything AM related.
- I’ll be working on new competition ideas. Thanks to Luke (Awesome boss), I have a generous budget and we’ll be running comps all the time. Whether they’re on a short-term or long-term basis, they’re gonna be more frequent and more AWESOME. Again, if you’ve any suggestions then get in touch!
So that’s my list of things you can get involved with and hopefully you will. We’re on a constant mission to improve what we do. Trust me, I wouldnt work for Awesome Merch if they weren’t the best about. I have to work for somewhere that I care about! So In conclusion, I wanna hear from you! Let’s get social!
p.s We’re now also on Instagram, so find us @awesomemerch
When I’m not available, we often hire Big Bird to do our Social Media.